October 4, 5 checking out the 6th IS AVAILABLE!
Just barely a touch of fall in the air. We are on the cusp and gearing up for our busy season. We have a few midweek dates in the coming weeks before the fall season craziness. Check in the 4th and check out the 6th and get our package special of $310 which includes housekeeping and Al taxes. Call for reservations or questions, email at [email protected] *this is a small 2/1 in the middle of 4 wooded acres. Max occupancy is 3 adults OR 2 parents and 2 children over 7. NO animals or smoking.
Deep in the woods of a little mountain town called Mentone, there is a quaint little cottage known as “Hitherside”. Hitherside was completed in late 2016 and we welcomed our first guests in 2017. The cottage has 2 bedrooms and 1 bath and is secluded, private, surrounded by 4 wooded acres. She is only 1 mile from the center of town, and conveniently located near all the natural beauty that Mentone and the surrounding area have to offer: breathtaking Desoto falls, Little River Canyon, Desoto State Park, The Sallie Howard “Church of the Rock”, Cloudland State Park and other local attractions. Enjoy the smell of the woods, the sound of the wind, the echo of the train (and the coyotes singing with the train whistle), as you relax, unplug and refresh at Hitherside. Harmony awaits you..
- Full kitchen including stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, 2 coffee makers (Keurig and a drip coffeemaker), dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and pans. The seating area is comprised of a large bar area that fits 3 adults. Small fold out table for 2 children.
- Outdoor space: 3 seasons screened in porch overlooking the woods, hot tub, grill, fIrepit, games (cornhole), picnic table, an outdoor table that seats 4 adults and a hammock for relaxing near the small pond.
- LIving room: The focal point of the cozy living room is a stone, wood burning fireplace and 42 inch flat screen television. Enjoy your favorite television show or DVD while watching the fire. (Nov - March)
- Main FLoor Bedroom: Through the white barn door is the main bedroom with a king size bed and new luxury mattress dressed with our fine hotel quality sheets.
- The connecting bathroom, accessible either from the master suite or the living room, has a beautiful antique vanity with vessel sink, toilet and shower/tub combination. Luxury bath towels are provided.
- Loft Bedroom: Just outside the bedroom is a custom designed, fixed ships ladder that is easy to climb and will take you to the loft bedroom. Almost as large as the master bedroom, 165 sq feet, the loft has two extra long, new twin size, Tempurpedic beds.
- A note about internet - While internet is NOT available in our part of the woods, we are one of the few rentals in the area with cell service IF you use ATT&T, Verizon (spotty), or T-mobile. You can use your phone as a "hotspot" to access the internet.
For best video viewing put mobile device in landscape orientation
This was by far the BEST getaway my husband and I have experienced! From the personalized greeting on the chalkboard to the serene setting, this place HAS IT ALL! Excellent communication with Claudia (the owner). We left relaxed, refreshed and renewed! Absolute perfection!
04/20/2021 at 2:31 PM
Great Weekend Escape
This was the PERFECT place for a relaxing weekend away. The cottage was so clean and nice. This cottage had such a cozy atmosphere. Very private and quiet. We enjoyed the outside as much as the inside. The screened porch was a perfect place to eat dinner. We enjoyed the hot tub and the fire pit as well. We will definitely be back!
05/02/2021 at 11:08 PM
"It was a glorious stay and a fantastic getaway. Claudia provided more than we expected including a picnic basket, flipflops, games, movies, coffee, snacks and even marshmallows for the firepit. The place is immaculate and as comfortable as home. Hot tub was perfect. The cottage is secluded (other homes a couple of acres away but cant see them due to woods). Less than a mile away from Brow Park which has spectacular mountain views."
"This was absolutely the perfect cottage for my husband and I to escape to for our 25th anniversary. Hitherside cottage was immaculate, and the cleanest property we have ever rented. Claudia was the perfect host! She was in contact to make sure everything was good after we checked in, and was quick to answer any questions we had. And we loved the recommendations for hiking, restaurants and more. Mentone is the perfect area for a vacation to get away, slow down and enjoy a relaxed, at-your-own pace retreat in the mountains of Alabama. We will definitely be back!"
09/01/2020 at 1:02 PM
Go to our Facebook page for daily updates and information: https://www.facebook.com/mountainwoodcottages/
© COPYRIGHT, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, 2017-2021 EVERSIFI LLC